Finance Impaq interferes with policymakers in doing due diligence before deciding on a course of action. This is because economic policy is just like any other tool; some policies work well for some problem, but not for others. Hence, proper problem identification and formulation includes defining the root cause of the problem in order to apply the right tools to fix it.
The following service activities fall in the scope of Finance Impaq:
- Field investigation of the environment (systems and practices)
- Questionnaire and sample design
- Documentary screening of regulations, practices, past options
- Conduct of field screening to identify policy options
- Direct work with stakeholders (e.g. employees of the public administration) to identify obstacles and bottlenecks